Tuesday, April 13, 2010

CONSTANCE MCMILLEN TO BE GRAND MARSHAL IN NYC PRIDE PARADE

This is amazy news!! Lesbian teen and unsuspecting activist Constance McMillen, the girl who was denied her prom and lied to by an entire town and school district, will have the honor of being one of the Grand Marshal this summer at the 41st Annual New York City Gay Pride Parade!! I think this choice is right on. I can't think of anyone more deserving than Constance. Since being thrust into the spotlight for wanting nothing more than to be treated like all her fellow students, Constance has become a well spoken, mature teenager who is defending her right to equality. Constance will join the other grand marshalls, Lt. Dan Choi and Judy Sheppard, at the parade which will be on June 27th her in NYC. McMillen said in a press release"I never dreamed so many people would support my fight to take my girlfriend to the prom, much less that I'd end up being asked to be a Grand Marshal at NYC Pride. I'm really honored and touched to be asked to be part of this celebration." You deserve it, Constance! [source]

No comments:

Post a Comment